Construction Career Fair
Construction Career Fair 2018 will be held in conjunction with the International Construction Week 2018 (ICW) organized by Construction Industry Development Board Malaysia (CIDB). The fair will be scheduled to take place on 27-29 March 2018 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, KLCC. International Construction Week (ICW) 2018 is the 18th ICW ever since the first organized in 1998.
The Construction Career fair 2018 will provide a medium for industry players and institutions of technical and higher education in disseminating information and career path in construction.
Government Link Companies (GLC) also will play their role in providing offers for employments and technology transfers. It is also expected to facilitate in building the understanding of a necessary preparations in determining the career direction in construction field and most importantly to be a competent construction personnel.
The competent construction personnel are the key to a more quality, safer and productivity projects. The fair is an excellent opportunity for our ABM students and alumni and also for universities and public to network with industry professionals.
a. To provide an opportunity for industry employers to introduce themselves to the visitors
b. To educate the visitors about construction industry competency importance and jobs opportunities
c. To provide opportunity for students and public to network with technical institutions and industry employers.
Date : 27-28 of March 2018 (Tuesday to Thursday)
Time : 1000 – 1630 hours
Venue : Exhibition Hall 4, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
- Secondary school students (Form 4 to Form 5) which are generally from every state’s Kelab Pembinaan CIDB
- Akademi Binaan Malaysia (ABM) students and alumnis
- TVETs and Universities students
- Job Seekers
Attractive Program Components
Apart from the carnival, they are a lot of other interesting events and elements which exhibit information’s, advantages and storyline of a career path in Malaysia construction industry. Those fun, informative and interesting events and elements are:
- Competency Walkthrough – Once you enter the hall you will be warmly welcomed by the extravagant buildings models and machineries which portrait the competencies in construction industry. The visitors will experience the journey of a career in construction industry through information’s exhibit by the models, boards and posters.
- Demonstration Area – This dedicated space is spared to demo an Industrialized Building System (IBS) structures. Visitors will learn and experience themselves while they enter the IBS structure that is specially designed and constructed for the carnival.
- Construction Game Area – An attractive Construction Smart Game will always be the playground for the visitors. Challenge yourself to be a good contractor in managing construction project. Compete with time and the tight given budget to win scores and goodies.
- Pavilion Pameran Latihan Kompetensi Kemahiran CIDB – Find your dream career path in construction industry here at the Pavilion. Thousands of benefits of learning a trade and earn good money as a trades persons. Employers will be looking for tradespeople with skills over the foreseeable future. Akademi Binaan Malaysia (ABM) will consult your competency courses and career development.
- Career and Motivational Talk – Spare your time to listen to the enthusiasts and motivational speaker about career and how to stay positive in our daily jobs, plus eliminate the negative perception of working in the construction industry.
- Construction Career Fair Mascot – Meet and greet Din the Builder, the Construction Career Fair fun, cute and friendly mascot. Don’t forget to take tonnes of photos with Din the Builder.
- Construction Career Fair IKON – Meet our famous, successful and a very good looking IKON.
- Photobooth – The most fun and memorable spot in the fair. Experience the great city of Kuala Lumpur as a background and get your actions photographed by the professional.
- Open Interview Session – Bring your resume along and get ready to be interviewed by various companies who offer jobs around the country. Stand a chance to be hired. Dress decently and walking tall.
Career Fair Program
Our exhibitors are from TVETs, MTUNs and GLCs. We combine and distribute them randomly across the floor. The fair is just not offering jobs but also consulting for education in skill and technical field.